gufw-developers team mailing list archive

[Question #112424]: Gufw and ftp

New question #112424 on Gufw:
https://answers.launchpad.net/gui-ufw/+question/112424

Hi,

Yesterday I've installed Gufw to get a better overview of my ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS ufw settings. Previously I installed the xfce desktop, also.

My problem was, that the ufw settings for ftp (port 21 and the port range set for passive) were not functioning and I couldn't reach my ftp server without disabling ufw. I set then the preconfigured ftp settings of Gufw, and voilá, I could log on the ftp server.

Now, the problem is, that if Gufw is not running, I can not reach my ftp server. How can be that possible? I thought that what I was setting up in Gufw was taked automatically from the ufw setup and therefore from iptables. I'm a little confused.

Thank you

jorge

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Gufw
Developers, which is an answer contact for Gufw.