gwibber-team team mailing list archive

Re: Breaking message input into its own component

Hi Steve,

I think it's a good idea, but it's beyond the scope of what I'm
comfortable with doing for the 1.0 release. So, I think that it's
something that would probably be good to do in a separate branch and
then we can merge it post-1.0. I think that using GtkSpell on a TextView
would probably be a reasonable improvement.

Another feature that I'd like to see implemented further down the road
is support for auto-completing nicknames. That's something that could
also be done in the custom widget at some point in the future. Anybody
else have any thoughts on input changes that they would like to see?
Other things that come to mind are perhaps using background color-coding
to indicate which protocols are active.

-- Ryan