gwibber-team team mailing list archive

Coding standards

Hi guys,

My contributions to Gwibber have so far been limited to bug filing and
triage, and I've been looking to get more involved with actual coding.

However, I'm slightly puzzled by the coding standards in the Gwibber
codebase. Some files (for example bin/gwibber) stick to basic PEP 8 [1]
guidelines whilst others don't (most obviously by using 2-space
indents). Which guidelines should I be following? Is there any reason
for the code not to follow PEP 8 (which is generally a pretty good set
of guidelines)?

If it's something that everyone else is interested in, I'm happy to
create a branch that brings everything into line with a given set of
coding standards.

OTOH, if the files should stay as they are then fair enough, and I'll
just stick to the implied guidelines on a per-file basis.

Cheers,

Graham

--
Graham Binns | PGP Key: 4DAD18FA