hipl-core team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 592226] Re: firewall/firewalldb.c
I just tested with the latest version from version control and LSI
connectivity was working fine for me. The test cases were:
1) hipfw -bklpF running at the responder
2) no hipfw running at the responder
You received this bug notification because you are a member of HIPL core
team, which is subscribed to HIPL.
Status in Host Identity Protocol for Linux: Fix Committed
firewall/firewalldb.c is redundant with firewall/cache.c. It should be removed
in a well engineered way. I'd suggest:
1. test the dependent functionality as it is now:
a. lsi connectivity
b. opportunistic mode (i.e. hipconf add service ip - opp. registration)
c. system-based opportunistic mode (hipfw -o)
2. If the above features do not work, fix them and commit. Particularly, I am
not 100 % sure if (b) and (c) are really working.
3. Replace firewalldb.c calls with cache.c calls. Probably cache.c
functionality needs to be altered.
4. Test 1a, 1b and 1c again and commit again when you get it working.
P.S. datapkt.c does not have to be tested, it will be removed soon.