hipl-core team mailing list archive

Re: [Branch ~christof-mroz/hipl/hipfw-performance] Rev 4942: Update src_ip and dst_ip more often in tuples, in order to support opp-mode.

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:47:55 +0200, René Hummen <rene.hummen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

+        #ifdef CONFIG_HIP_DEBUG
+        memcpy(&tuple->src_ip, &ctx->src, sizeof(struct in6_addr));
+        memcpy(&tuple->dst_ip, &ctx->dst, sizeof(struct in6_addr));
+        #endif
It seems a bit odd to me that the removed and new statements are surrounded by "CONFIG_HIP_DEBUG" implying that this piece of code will only be executed with --enable-debug (default) specified at compile-time. Are you sure you want to change state information only in this case?

As I stated in the commit message that originally introduced src_ip and dst_ip update, these fields are currently not used other than for debugging... this branch is not supposed to introduce more overhead ;). Better should have remarked that as a comment though. Or do you think the #ifdefs should be removed altogether? In order not to "scare away" whoever wants to use these fields for actual processing some day.