holland-coredev team mailing list archive

Problems installing holland-mysqldump

Greetings,

I'm working on a proof of concept and trying to install the
holland-mysqldump plugin via apt-get on my Ubuntu 10.04 server.  However, I
installed perocna server from their repositories.  Now, when I try to
install a either holland-mysqldump or holland-xtrabackup, it wants to
delete my percona install.  Here is an example:

root@graphite:~# aptitude install holland-mysqldump
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
The following packages are BROKEN:
  percona-server-client-5.5 percona-server-common-5.5
  holland-mysqldump mysql-client{a} mysql-client-5.1{a}
mysql-client-core-5.1{a} mysql-common{a}
0 packages upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 91 not upgraded.
Need to get 9,178kB of archives. After unpacking 24.3MB will be used.
  percona-server-client-5.5: Conflicts: mysql-client (<
5.5.20-rel24.1-217.lucid) but 5.1.41-3ubuntu12.10 is to be installed.
                             Conflicts: mysql-client-5.1 but
5.1.41-3ubuntu12.10 is to be installed.
                             Conflicts: mysql-client-core-5.1 but
5.1.41-3ubuntu12.10 is to be installed.
  percona-server-common-5.5: Conflicts: mysql-common but
5.1.41-3ubuntu12.10 is to be installed.
                             Conflicts: mysql-common-4.1 which is a virtual
package.

Remove the following packages:
percona-server-client-5.5
percona-server-common-5.5
percona-server-server-5.5

Score is -457

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] n

Remove the following packages:
percona-server-client-5.5
percona-server-server-5.5

Keep the following packages at their current version:
holland-mysqldump [Not Installed]
mysql-client [Not Installed]
mysql-client-5.1 [Not Installed]
mysql-common [Not Installed]

Score is -10072

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] q
Abandoning all efforts to resolve these dependencies.

Is there a way to manually install the holland-mysqldump and
holland-xtrabackup plugins?

Regards,
Carlos

Follow ups