holland-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: Holland mysqldumps in parallel

Hi Brandon,

We don't support this today.   Initially we didn't support this as
this functionality was covered by, e.g., Maatkit's mk-parallel-dump
but that script hasn't really been maintained well.  There has been
some talk of supporting mydumper (http://launchpad.net/mydumper) which
supports more interesting/robust parallelism but that's also not
implemented today.

It would certainly be fairly easy to optionally support some basic
parallelism in our standard mysqldump plugin when using
file-per-database.  I'll open a blueprint for it.

~Andy