holland-discuss team mailing list archive

Generic copy backup plugin?

Curious as to thoughts here - what about a generic copy/tar plugin for Holland? It might sound basic but, just like LDAP, it would be nice to use the framework to easily keep backup-sets. This came up when I realized I ALMOST nuked my Minecraft world. Those that use it would have been pretty pissed for obvious reasons.

Hence why I am thinking about a simple copy-based plugin that would just tar up a directory. As an end using, having multiple backups becomes trivial. No custom scripting or weird logrotate hacks. Just configure a backup-set, set the retention, set the path, and call it done.

Thoughts?

Follow ups