holland-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu Precise

Hello,

I did some basic testing (backing up, listing backups, listing plugins) on 12.04 and so far it has been working for me.

Sincerely,Trey

 BK Box <bk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote ..    Tim, Have you had a chance to test this any? I only ask because I have not :D   -- BK   On Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Tim Soderstrom wrote:     So uhh derp, I thought I already had some 12.04 boxes ready to go but I don't :P So I'm working on upgrading some of my own so I can test this. Just letting you know I didn't forget - it'll just take me a few more days.  On May 7, 2012, at 1:35 PM, Andrew Garner wrote:    I have packages up on staging here which seem to work fine on my local 12.04 instance - or using a 11.10 Rackspace cloud server instance:  http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/holland-backup:/staging/xUbuntu_12.04/  This is with a source list file like so:  $ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/holland.list deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/holland-backup:/staging/xUbuntu_12.04/ ./  The repo key is here: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/holland-backup:/staging/xUbuntu_12.04/Release.key
   And can be installed via:  # wget http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/holland-backup:/staging/xUbuntu_12.04/Release.key -O - | apt-key add -  These packages currently come back clean from the lintian check and are building fine with OBS. I ran some test backups with mysqldump and lvm plugins, but haven't extensively tested the packages. If someone has the capability to test these out further I'd appreciate it.  ~Andrew  On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Andrew Garner <muzazzi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:   I made quite a bit of headway on this over the weekend. The main issue with building on OBS was two-fold: (1) python-support has been deprecated (as of 11.10) in favor of a newer python packaging method and was moved to universe in 12.04 (2) OBS does not build against universe/multiverse repos for various legal reasons apparently.  The python-support deprecation and migration path is documented here, if anyone is interested in packaging bits:  http://wiki.debian.org/Pytho
 n/TransitionToDHPython2  The current holland debian packaging is pretty long in the tooth and supported debian versions all the way back to etch at one point. I took this opportunity to update the packaging to more recent debian packaging standards and fix a few of the other long-standing holland/debian issues such as the versioned mysql-client+percona conflict and the namespace packages issues we ran into in 11.10. There is currently one lingering lintian warning to fix but I should have 12.04 packages pushed later tonight  ~Andrew  On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Andrew Garner <muzazzi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:   I apologize for the delay in addressing this. I added 12.04 to OBS but I am running into some issue with an unresolvable python-support dependency - only on Precise, however. I'm tracking down the source of this problem and hope to have this resolved sometime this weekend.  I also went ahead and added Cent/RHEL6 build targets which built fine it looks like.  ~Andrew  On F
 ri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:39 AM, BK Box <bk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   Hello again,  Now that Precise has been released, can we ge 12.04 added to the autobuilds of holland?  Thanks, BK  _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~holland-discuss Post to : holland-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~holland-discuss More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp        _______________________________________________ Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~holland-discuss Post to : holland-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~holland-discuss More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp