huawei-openstack team mailing list archive

Please vote in the OpenStack elections!!!

All of you should have received a link to your ballot for the OpenStack
elections.  You may have received more than one email.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR OPENSTACK THAT YOU CLICK ON THE LINK AND SUBMIT
A VOTE

I am not telling you how to vote.  JUST VOTE.

For the vote on the bylaws changes to count, 25% of OpenStack membership
must cast at least one vote on at least one of the ballots.  OpenStack
membership is now over 17000 people.  ATCs are just over 5000 people.
This means there are a lot more members than active members, even if the
ATCs don't count folks like me (I haven't done a patch in over a year,
but I am active on email and in IRC meetings and other groups).

One of the bylaws changes is to change the quorum so that it better
represents a significant proportion of active members rather than a
significant proportion of all members.  This change, whether it passes
or fails, will not really be voted up or down unless the voters pass
more than 25% of members.   The same with the other bylaws changes.
This really means that OpenStack democracy is denied on a technicality
rather than on the opinions of the active members.

So, please, please, please please vote.  The polls close at 23:59utc  16
January 2015

Oh, and check out who is running for the board;-)

--Rocky Grober
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by
Rochelle Grober (https://launchpad.net/~rockyg)