Re: RadeonHD+IntelGMA switchable

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010, Andreas Demmer wrote:
On Tuesday 13 July 2010 11:06:54 you wrote:
Yes, I guess manufacturer (Acer) is inserting some own bios code when in
switchable mode thus fglrx driver is rejecting this bios.

In my case, it's HP. But sounds like we're doomed: ATI will tell us that we
should ask our vendors for drivers and our vendors will tell us that Linux is
not supported. :(

Any way to work around this dilemma?

Dave, any hint how to dump video bios? Apart from rhd_conntest which is not aware of the card (Redwood):
Unknown device: 0x1002:0x68C1 (01:00.00).

Though will try some windows tools in the evening (need to make reminders %) )

---
 Looking forward to reading yours.
   Ruslan N. Marchenko