Re: RadeonHD+IntelGMA switchable

On 07/19/2010 03:18 PM, Ruslan N. Marchenko wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jul 2010, Matthias Fulz wrote:
>> For me it differs in more then 3 Bytes here is the cmp of my discrete
>> bios and hybrid bios from the ati card:
>>
>> cmp -l atibios_hybrid atibios_single
>>  456 175 300
>> 44361   0  46
>> 44362   0  33
>> 44363   0 126
>> 44364   0   5
>> 44365   0 144
>> 44368   0   3
>> 44369   0  26
>> 44371   0  60
>> 44373   0  40
>> 44375   0   3
>> 44377   0   6
>> 44385   2   6
>> 44386   0   2
>> 44388  74   0
>> 44417   0   1
>> 44500 141 101
>> 45081   0   3
>>

> Well, don't know why it is considered vga bios is 64k, memory map shows
> it is 32k in fact, further are ata rom and other devices, so we can skip
> everything behind 32k - which gives 2 bytes diff, at exactly the same
> locations as for me - 0x22 & 0x1CC(1C8 in your case, but looks as the
> same header still)

Thanks for the information.

Later on, I'll try to overwrite these bytes you mentioned with the bytes
from the discrete bios.

Then I'll check what fglrx is doint, perhaps you're right with the email
before and fglrx is just validating a checksum of the bios, then this
method should allready work.

best regards

Matthias