Re: finishing intel/nvidia support (with open drivers)

On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 16:22 +0100, Albert Vilella wrote:
> yes, the first implementation of acpi_call has no parameter passing...
> it would be great to have that implemented and allow for more testing.

What exactly is needed? I mean, how do you imagine the interface?

Currently, you only need to write the name of the function to call
into /proc/acpi/call. However, I may modify it to accept numeric
parameters for method calls, for example like this:

echo '\_SB.PCI0.PEG1.GFX0._DSM 0x1 0x2 0x3 0x4' > /proc/acpi/call

However, I have almost no experience with ACPI (reading the spec now)
and with the meaning of the methods (_DSM, LCDD, ...) and the parameters
they may require, so I may need some guidance on what is really needed
in the /proc/acpi/call interface.