Alienware M11XR2 optimus success?

Has anyone been able to disable power for the nVidia GPU on an Alienware
M11X R2 Optimus-enabled system?

I've poured through the ACPI Methods on my system, and compared with other
people's systems.

The M11XR2 seems to lack the any "OFF" related Method.

I've tried to disable power by using the 'disable' and 'remove' features in
/sys/bus/pci/xxxxx. When doing so, kernel (dmesg) reports that vgaarb
switched 'ownership' of the IO to the Intel card, and PCI BUS reports
disabling of the interrupt assigned to the nVidia GPU. Also, its no longer
listed in lspci.

However, battery discharge rate remains unaffected when I do this.

>From what I've read, people are reporting 7000mW or so drop in discharge
rate. I've not noticed anything close to that. Min varries maybe +/- 500mW
but I've not been able to do anything to affect it more than that.

I'm totally ok with waiting until the developers support Optimus better. For
now, I'd settle with just being able to cut power to the nvidia GPU and
causing so much heat on undesirable locations :)

-G