Re: Issues with Asus N61Jv and Nvidia

Hi Alex,

as far as I know the N61Jv uses Optimus which due to it's architecture isn't
supported at the moment and I wouldn't hold my breath for it.
For more information search the internet, for example
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-Optimus-Review.25467.0.html

The main problem is that there aren't two mostly independent graphics
cards whose output can be switched but to use the dedicated gpu
the drivers of both cards have to work together.

So at the moment what you can hope for is to be able to use the integrated
graphics and disable the dedicated to save power.

Try telling X which card to use (PCI Bus ID), unloading all
nvidia related kernel modules and run the acpi_call script to
power down the nvidia card.
For debugging you could to keep a ssh session open
so you can spot potential problems in dmesg etc.