Re: Another NVIDIA Optimus-enabled laptop owner

Hi Jordan,

The most challenging piece of code that needs writing right now is the
optimus prime multi-gpu offloading code:

http://airlied.livejournal.com/71734.html

We are also trying to get the acpi_call module to accept parameters:

http://github.com/mkottman/acpi_call

More info: https://launchpad.net/~hybrid-graphics-linux

Cheers

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Jordan Bray <jordanbray@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> jordan@jordan-laptop:~$ sudo dmidecode -s system-product-name
> N73Jn
> jordan@jordan-laptop:~$ sudo dmidecode -s system-version
> 1.0
> jordan@jordan-laptop:~$ lspci -vnnn | perl -lne 'print if
> /^\d+\:.+(\[\S+\:\S+\])/' | grep VGA
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Core
> Processor Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0046] (rev 18) (prog-if
> 00 [VGA controller])
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation GT215
> [GeForce GT 335M] [10de:0caf] (rev a2) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
>
> Is there anything else I can do to help with this project?  I do have
> extensive C development experience (although nothing open-source
> yet...).  From what I read the problem is getting it incorporated into
> the X11 stack.  Is that codebase difficult to work with?
> --
> This message was sent from Launchpad by
> Jordan Bray (https://launchpad.net/~jordanbray)
> to each member of the Hybrid Graphics Linux team using the "Contact this
> team" link on the Hybrid Graphics Linux team page
> (https://launchpad.net/~hybrid-graphics-linux).
> For more information see
> https://help.launchpad.net/YourAccount/ContactingPeople

Follow ups