Re: enabling nvidia Asus U43JC by blacklisting intel chip

Is the u43jc running with Optimus... or just regular switchable graphics???

/Martin

Fra: "Albert Vilella" <avilella@xxxxxxxxx>
Til: hybrid-graphics-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sendt: tirsdag, 2. november 2010 11:10:22
Emne: [Hybrid-graphics-linux] enabling nvidia Asus U43JC by blacklisting intel chip

One of the ASUS U/UL series Linux users has found a way to enable the
nvidia drivers by blacklisting the intel chip.

Can people confirm this is working for similar models?

http://art.ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=10055351&postcount=24
There's a workaround for some people. I have the u43jc and you can use
the 320m by installing the nvidia drivers, blacklisting the intel chip
and rebooting. If you don't disable the intel chip, you'll get stuck
on the Checking battery state...

Only problem is that the nvidia card is the only one running and the
battery gets slurped up pretty quick.

If it doesn't work, you can boot in safe graphics and reset everything.

I guess we'll just have to watch closely for updated nv drivers