Asus U43JC Howto

For the U43JC'ers around, I posted a howto on getting the U43JC
working as best I could under Ubuntu 10.10, including disabling the
Nvidia card:

Included are the (complete) kernel recompilation steps to change the
DSDT, according to bdpoeke's comments on That Launchpad Bug and
aviella's posting on His Site.  If anybody has a better solution,
please come forward!  I'm specially eager to find a solution where I
can use the nvidia binary drivers *on the same installation* by some
mechanism such as vga_switcheroo.

Adolfo R. Brandes