Problems with ATI HD 5470 and Intel Core i3

Hello everybody....
I'm new on all about Hybrid Video Cards. So please excuse me if I ask some obvious questions. I bought 1 month a go a Laptop HP Pavalion Dv6-3031ss with Windows 7, It have and ATI Video Card HD 5470 and Intel Processor Core i3 wich have an Internal Intel Video Card. I don't want to use Windows 7 most of the time, only when I need to work on some software that I don't find an equal one in Linux. I fist run Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 64bits and I figure out that the ATI Video card wasn't working. I also had some troubles trying to boot on Console mode. When I did it nothing showed out on the screen. I did many test trying to configure the Xorg but finally I realize that it isn't a configuration problem. I tried to change the Video Configuration on BIOS but I don't have any option to do that. So I finally decide to give up for a while. The I installed Ubuntu Maverick 64bits and it fix my problems with the console but no change with Video Problem. The video works fine but is running in the processor not in the ATI Chipset. I found this Linux Post about Hybrid Graphics and it seem very interesting. I know is a patch for the Linux Kernel or something that is named vga_switcheroo that can do the same that Windows 7 do with the Video cards for save Energy. So I want to try it... I need your help on:
1- Where I can download the vga_switcheroo?
2- How I can Install it?
3- How I can configure it?

That is all for now... I hope somebody can help me...
Cheer for every one
--

_____________________________________
Ing. Luis Manuel Garcés Socarrás