Re: hello, I got a problem with acpi_call module

Here's what I think is happening: the nouveau or nvidia driver kernel module
is being loaded when the system boots, since the GPU is on by default.  When
the test_off.sh script is run, the GPU is forcefully powered off without the
driver knowing the state changed and may cause crashes or system
instability.

George Shearer suggested disabling the pci device node, and blacklisting the
kernel module in his M11X post here:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showpost.php?p=1402584&postcount=45
echo 0 >/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:01:00.0/enable
echo 1 >/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:01:00.0/remove

echo blacklist nouveau >/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-nouveau.conf

The pci bus address may vary by manufacturer.

Another workaround might be to unload nvidia or nouveau modules first thing
in the test_off.sh script:
lsmod | grep "^nvidia " && sudo rmmod nvidia
lsmod | grep "^nouveau " && sudo rmmod nouveau