Re: Q330 nvidia Shutdown

Marco Maso(demind@xxxxxxxxx)12:19, Mon 22 Nov 10:
> Hi Marco,
> unfortunately there's nothing "ready" for your laptop. I have your same
> problem and I've tried to find something working with the precious help
> of some people in the list, but as I said I didn't manage to get
> anything useful...we don't have any BIOS option di enable/disable the
> discrete card and when we tried to get something from the DSDT table
> we couldn't solve anything. I'm not an expert at all but I'm quite
> convinced that the key should be there so if you have time you could
> try to open it and read through just to see if you can get some hint!

Hi Marco,

I guess by "there" you mean the DST,right?
Now, I am not familiar with this technology (I have bought this laptop
very quickly since my old laptop was stolen last week!) so any pointer
to some "literature" would be nice. For example: does a list of all this
acpi method exists or do we have to proceed blindly?

Another thing I don't understand is which one of the two cards I can
turn off: the nvidia or the GMA? Do I get to choose or one, eg. the GMA,
is always on, and I can turn off only the nvidia, if we get this to
work?

Pressuring Samsung, I guess, is not an option here, right? (I mean, the
users base of this laptop using linux is obviously marginal)

Thank you!

marco

--
we would like to disturb the vacuum