Fwd: Re: Just a thought...

Hello,

I am not sure...

But insane the Optimus architexture needs the Integrated Card to be on
all the time the NVIDIA is in use (to write to it´s memory).
In my opinion it´s an ugly hardware design.

Or I am wrong ?

Vgaswitcheroo enables switching on my Asus N53jf.
But do so is resulting in thre old screen which isn´t updated any more.

It looks the main Problem is to get the NVIDIA/Nouveau driver writing in
the Intel ?Framebuffer?.

Where is this function located ?
In the Mainboard BIOS, VGA BIOS, Win7 diver ?

And which way the Data took ?
Through sli or PCI ?

How the find the Call...