Re: Dell Vostro 3300 nvida310M/Intel Arrandale Graphics i5 core

Hey! is nice to hear there is someone that understand my pain :P
Well, when I try to switch off the nvidia card my system freezes after a few
seconds. I think this is why I can't switch back to the intel card, because
switchero try to power down the unused card when a switching signal is sent
to.
I just input
# echo OFF > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch && dmesg > paste.dat
to totally freeze my system
( I have pasted the dmesg at http://pastebin.com/asu9HwEg in case someone
could find any clue)

I could say that on windows 7 my battery life time (I don't know how many
cells has, but is quite big)  is around 4 to 5 hours.
On linux instead, the laptop after 30 or 40 minutes turns out quite hot
(just below the keyboard, at the location where the vga card is sited in),
and the battery runs out before 2 or 2 1/2 hours.
It would be really nice to be able to, at least, turn off the nvidia card
(I'm totally resigned for now to not compile cuda codes :)   )

Best,
Dante

--
Dante Javier Paz
Instituto de Astronomía, Teórica y Experimental, IATE

Laprida 854
X5000BGR - Córdoba
ARGENTINA