Re: Optimus LDLC B2

Hello,

this laptop apparently has the same CPU/GPU pair as the MSI FX603 I own (the
*lspci* output match).
Could you try testing the ACPI methods as described on the project's
Launchpad page? The following part:

RESOURCES:
> One of the hybrid-graphics-linux Launchpad team members has created a Linux
> kernel module to call ACPI methods through /proc/acpi/call. The code is
> here:
> http://github.com/mkottman/acpi_call
> You can try it by installing the module and calling it like this:
> *git clone http://github.com/mkottman/acpi_call.git
> cd acpi_call *

*make
> sudo insmod acpi_call.ko
> ./test_off.sh*
> If you see a "works!" message, it's working. On an unplugged laptop,
> clicking on the battery indicator before and after running the test.sh
> script, should show a difference of about an extra 1-3 hours battery life.

Here was the result on my laptop:
*$ ./test_off.sh*
Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P1.VGA._OFF: failed
Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P2.VGA._OFF: failed
Trying \_SB_.PCI0.OVGA.ATPX: failed
Trying \_SB_.PCI0.OVGA.XTPX: failed
Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P3.PEGP._OFF: failed
*Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP._OFF: works!*

--
*Adrien "Photon" Siebert*