Re: Anyone manage to switch ON discreet graphics?

On 03/03/2011 01:44 PM, Orion wrote:
As can be seen in subject, my query if anyone has found a working method to switch ON discreet graphics and OFF integrated.

Once I managed with UCC (3rd party Ubuntu Control Center) and open-source radeon driver and it said that it is on and with glxinfo it printed that the AMD driver was in use for OpenGL. Unfortunately the performance for normal window and menu operations was worse. Not even bearable. Too slow for normal use!