Re: Acer 4820TG can't suspend or hibernate after switching off GPU

On 25/03/2011 21:02, Scott Marlowe wrote:
I have an Acer TimelineX 4820TG with the intel I5 IGP and ATI 5650
GPU.  Using the acpi_call checked out from git, I do the following:

sudo insmod acpi_call.ko
./test_off.sh
Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP._OFF works!

after that I can't suspend.  I have tried writing a script with

\_SB.PCI0.P0P2.PEGP._ON

followed by sudo rmmod acpi_call.ko

but that doesn't help.

The laptop hangs on hibernate.

It suspends fine, but hangs on the ubuntu screen when waking up.

Mine, also with an ATI card, hangs on both hibernate and suspend unless I switch ON both cards via vga_switcheroo first. Then hibernate works, suspend goes bananas