Acer 5742G; nvidia optimus GT420M

I have a Acer 5742G laptop with optimus - GT420M. I tried using the acpi_call
module. Though the test_off.sh shows that it works, I am not able to see a
perceptible improvement in battery time. When I try reading back the
/proc/acpi/call after the script, it says "not called". I tried to manuallly
write into /proc/acpi/call.

echo "\_SB.PCI0.P0P2.VGA._OFF" > /proc/acpi/call ; cat /proc/acpi/call
My output is "0x0".

output of ./test_off.sh
root@HOME:/home/karthik/acpi_call# ./test_off.sh
Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P1.VGA._OFF: failed
Trying \_SB.PCI0.P0P2.VGA._OFF: works!

I would like to know if I am doing something wrong. If you can provide me any
pointers, it would be helpful. I am a beginner in linux, but should be able to
follow instructions.

Rgds,
karthik

Follow ups