Re: Acer 4820TG - Can't create DSDT.dsl

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Martin Kolb <mkolb84@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry if this is the wrong place to report, but after following
> instructions on http://linux-hybrid-graphics.blogspot.com/ and
>
> running the line sudo acpidump > acpidump.txt && sudo acpixtract
> acpidump.txt && iasl -d DSDT.dat && ls -l DSDT.dsl
>
> I get a segmentation fault, and hence an empty DSDT.dsl.

Me too!

> My laptop is a 4820TG with an ATI 5700 series GPU (was named 6550M),
> and an integratied Intel chipset, can't tell which one, because
> running the laptop with switchable graphics on (enabled in BIOS)
> freezes it when booting.

Odd, my machine works fine.  Did you install the proprietary ATI fglrx
drivers?  That breaks the current xorg setup.  Gotta stick with the
open source ones for now, but there are newer ATI drivers that should
work coming out "real soon now".

OTOH, the test.sh in the acpi_call directory does work.  However, then
suspend is broken.  hibernate still works, but takes a while to
shutdown as I get all kinds of errors mentioning atom drm stuff til it
finally shuts off.  After starting backup, I have to run the test.sh
script again to turn off the ATI card.