Re: Dell XPS L502X GeForce GT 540M

Another finding,

After formatting and reinstalling a clean Natty from current iso, /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo stopped to disappear (but its still not available during initramfs process, so the method describet at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HybridGraphics does not work).

Now it gets interresting... I have a display attached to HDMI which is not recognized by the intel driver. But after switching to nvidia (echo DIS > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch) the Display starts working but the internal Display (LVDS) stops. The nvidia drivers are not installed, so nouveau is loaded.

An other interresting finding is that after pressing CTRL+ALT+F1 in intel mode (echo IGD > switch) the console appears on the external display and X freezes! Switching back works the same way.

I hope that helps for further investigation! I really need that feature :(