Re: Testers needed - intel/nvidia nouveau working with github.com/awilliam module

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Ellington Santos
<ellington@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alex,
>
> I got same behavior with or without asus-switcheroo: echo "DIS" gave me a
> blank screen. echo "IGD" restores the screen.
> I believe that LVDS isn't connecting to nvidia card.

This is probably because 2.6.37 doesn't have the client reprobe
callback.  asus-switcheroo does this via a crazy little hack.  v2.6.38
should already include it.

> With your new update, asus-switceroo compiles in kernel 2.6.37.6.

Great, thanks for the test.

> Are there some way to help you develop OPTIMUS support?

Have you tried Dave's tree?

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-testing.git;a=summary

He's been doing some optimus enablement in the drm-nvidia-switch
branch.  I don't have anything with optimus.  This module only came
about as a result of picking up a UL30VT as a new personal laptop.
Thanks,

Alex