Re: Optimus Solution found!!!! Using my Nvidia card in my Alienware M11X R2!!!

Hi Peter..

Do you have any errors in your /var/log/Xorg.0.log???

Fra: "Peter Liedler" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
Til: "Luis Zaldivar" <luis.zaldivar@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: hybrid-graphics-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sendt: tirsdag, 3. maj 2011 23:07:55
Emne: Re: [Hybrid-graphics-linux] Optimus Solution found!!!! Using my Nvidia card in my Alienware M11X R2!!!

Hi Luis,

I've checked:

lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 18)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT218 [GeForce 310M]
(rev a2)

cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep PCI
BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
BusID "PCI:0:2:0"

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device1"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
Option "IgnoreEDID"
#Screen 0
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "intel"
VendorName "onboard"
BusID "PCI:0:2:0"
#Screen 1
EndSection

I even stopped the display manager and reconfigured vgl_config, then rebooted.
Should work in my opinion. Am I missing something?
Peter