Re: Testers needed - intel/nvidia nouveau working with github.com/awilliam module

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Jorge Sousa <jorge.msl.sousa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was asked to update the status on a bug report @ Arch Linux's
> bugtracker on the subject: Suspend not working when discrete card (hybrid
> graphics) is switched off with acpi_call.
> While it still doesn't work with the acpi_call method, it does work with
> asus_vgaswitcheroo.
> I don't know how widespread this issue is/was, but I figured this mailing
> list and you, in particular, would like to know.

Thanks Jorge.  Note that one of the scripts asus-switcheroo puts in
place switches the unused card back on prior to suspend and off after
suspend.  For me, suspend/resume seemed to work, but the bios would
power the unused card back on at resume, leaving Linux's view of the
card power state and the actual card power state out of whack.  If
this is actually a common behavior we might want to tie vga switcheroo
into the suspend notifiers so this is done automatically in the kernel
instead of relying on userspace to get it right.  Thanks,

Alex