Re: Prime-NG v.2.0 released.. now with automated installer and 3D support on both Intel and nVidia

El dom, 08-05-2011 a las 09:31 +1000, Dave Airlie escribió:
> On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Martin Juhl <mj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi all...
> >
> > The subject says the most:
> >
> > Prime-NG v.2.0 released.. now with automated installer and 3D support on
> > both Intel and nVidia..
>
> Please don't call anything Prime-NG, prime is a project to enable
> buffer sharing,
>
> your system isn't a next generation of it, its a neat hack and all,
> but its still a hack at the end of the day.
>
> Dave.

I agree to this. Is a big contribution indeed, but is not the end of
this. Please consider anothe name. If you want to make an impression use
MJ-something. But don't use Prime name cos is not the same idea.

I'll try to rewrite the script (because is for debian distros only) or
follow it to my archlinux system. Could you please tell us wich driver
package version has nvidia-current? The package system is a little
different in some distros and probably i have to compile/package most of
the code.

--
Joaquín Ignacio Aramendía <samsagax@xxxxxxxxx>