Attempt to install ATi drivers fails with checksum mismatch

Hi all,

I have been trying to get my discrete ATi card working for a while now and
tried to do so by first installing the 11.4 drivers through the repository.
This "installs" but upon attempting to run aticonfig --initial -f I get an
error about not being able to link to a file.

I then tried to download and install the official drivers off the ATi site.
When I run the .run file, it decompresses and then errors out with a
checksum mismatch every time. I have downloaded this multiple times over
different connections thinking that perhaps the download got corrupted
somehow but still no joy. A quick Google of the problem reveals no
solution.

Does anyone have any input perhaps?

--
Gareth McCumskey