Dell Latitude E6420 - getting nvidia to work with Optimus enabled

I dual-boot to windows-7 therefore I would like to keep the BIOS setting of
Optimus to 'enabled'.
On linux, at this stage, I would simply like to use the nVidia card with
nVidia drivers, NOT toggling it off/on,
using bumblebee VirtualGL or anything fancy. (and drain the battery...)

lspci shows the intel + nvidia cards (as expected).

Trying to use Xorg with explicit PCI number of the nVidia card ("BusID"...)
fails with
"NVIDIA(0): No display devices found".

Trying to force a display connection ("ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-0") - Xorg
starts without complains,
but screen is blanked (text-mode login prompt disappears, _ cursor on top
left).
ctrl-alt-Fx switches to other text-mode login screens.
Seems to me like its still the Intel output (which is still in text mode).

Does this laptop have a hardware LDVS mux?
If so, how co control it?

Disabling Optimus in the BIOS makes only the nVidia card visible on lspci,
and Xorg works as expected
(without any need for explicit 'ConnectedMonitor' setting, or 'BusID'
setting).
But this is a pain, since I dual-boot to windows-7 and want the Optimus mode
to work there.

attached files:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/lpbugreporter/+bug/752542/+attachment/2166441/+files/Latitude%20E6420.tar.gz

Follow ups