Re: Switching card ON/OFF with VGA-Switcheroo under Bumblebee

On 07/14/2011 12:50 PM, Joaquín Ignacio Aramendía wrote:
Hi guys.
  I've decided to try vga-switcheroo under Bumblebee and it worked! (al
least for my Vostro 3500). I think is a safer(?) way and maybe
universal(?) as the vga-switcheroo module detects the methods by it's
own.
See
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bumblebee#Power_Switching_Using_Vga-switcheroo

Maybe is a way to unify all handlers?

I'm not sure why you need Bumblebee on that notebook. You have a hardware mux. You should be able to use the card by itself with UCC's vga_switcheroo implementation or asus_switcheroo.

Am I mistaken?

- Eric