Bumblebee Questions

Hi all,
now that I've upgraded to Kubuntu Maverick, I want to give Bumblebee a try, but I have some concerns... (maybe they could be included in a FAQ/guide?)

(I've already sent the DSDT file.)

My notebook is a Dell Vostro 3400 with Intel/nVidia GeForce 310M Hybrid graphics (afaik it does not support Optimus technology).

1. What is Bumblebee good for?
2. In what scenarios should I install Bumblebee?
3. Is it currently only for testing?
4. I have a hybrid graphics card (without Optimus technology), can I use the onboard and discrete card simultaneously or are they mutually exclusive?
5. I have a hybrid graphics card (without Optimus technology), how do I (easily) tell my machine to use either the onboard or the discrete card? (i.e. Is there an applet to do this?)
6. In order to use the HDMI and VGA ports, do I need to use the nVidia driver? (this may not apply but anyway...)
7. What is the recommended way to install Bumblebee: git or PPA? or other?
8. Do I need to run jockey and install the nVidia driver before installing Bumblebee?
9. After installing Bumblebee, do I have to do anything else?

[10. I read somewhere that I had to add an x-swat repository to get newer nVidia drivers, is this necessary?]

Thanks!
Leo