HDMI Audio and nVidia Optimus (on Dell L502X)

Hello,

I have a Dell L502X laptop. It got nVidia Optimus using an
integrated Intel together with GT 525M. GT 525M is wired to the
HDMI port.

In Windows 7, a new PCI device (10DE:0BEA) appears providing HDA
after I connect the HDMI cable to my TV (and disappears 30 seconds
after I unplug the HDMI cable). This doesn't happen in Linux - I
don't see the device at all here. I sent an email to nVidia; he was
very nice, but said they don't support Optimus on Linux. I got the
impression that on "normal non-Optimus computers" the HDA device
would be present all the time.

Does anyone know how to get this working in Linux?

--
Stevie Trujillo

Follow ups