Fra: "Davy RENAUD" <davy.renaud@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Til: hybrid-graphics-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sendt: onsdag, 27. juli 2011 02:10:25
Emne: [Hybrid-graphics-linux] TESTER NEEDED for a Bumblebee-UI

Hello,

After more than 3 weeks of learning to program in python with pygtk, I've decided to release this user interface candidate for bumblebee.

The user interface allow you to configure desktop file to launch some application with optirun script, include a script that check if the laptop is on battery or not, and include an applet or indicator that can be set at startup. It has only be tested on UBUNTU and there might be some last minute error( by sample the install scrit hasn't been tested for now and there might be some manual configuration after install )

Confirmed or adventurous user should test this script set which still contain imperfection.

Some things don't work well but I think that this UI is nice to use and made the use of Optimus maybe as easy as optimus on Windows (there is still laking a configuration database for each application but maybe someone want to try to connect the ui to a database like for bumblebee-configuration). Please give feedback and improve the code.

I will take three week holidays and I hope that some persons will test this UI. I'll be in Madrid or Lisboa so if someone will offer me a beer...

See you.
Davy Renaud (glyptostroboides)

PS: This is my first python program (and it's just a hobby) so if experimented coders can clean it and give me feedback it would be nice.

PS bis: If you have a bit of time please improve the script : build a window or a notebook to configure bumblebee, review and optimize the code, configure the desktop file dynamically and avoid the logout/login to get the shortcuts to appear in Unity launcher, maybe one day this UI will be included in bumblebee debian package.

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net