Re: HP BIOS update for dv6t/dv7t 61xx series to enable Fixed Mode for AMD Dynamic Switchable Graphics.

On 08/10/2011 09:26 PM, Eric Appleman wrote:
John Bridgman of AMD's Linux team has said that the company is begging OEMs to have a BIOS switch for at least IGP-only mode. There is also an OEM offering SLED that has a custom solution direct from AMD.
My HP dm4t has such an option in the BIOS only if I enter the hidden not documented advanced mode (by pressing a key while booting) but if I try to change the option I only get a black screen and I after that I have to force power off and the option is reset to the initial hybrid value.

So, there is already such option in many laptops but it is intentionally hidden (who knows maybe it is somehow related to the windows installation).