Re: Not able to boot live cd on Dell XPS with NVIDIA optimus

It happened to me today.

I had  to rmmod and blacklist nouveau and then it works like a charm.

Maybe you can try to blacklist the module on the boot command line with

nouveau.blackist=yes

See more info here

https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/installation-guide/i386/boot-parms.html (ctrl + F BLACLKIST)