Re: Replace i5 with i7, will this have an effect on Optimus?

So in essence, by replacing the CPU with an i7-740QM, i'd be removing
Optimus from my laptop? In that all image
processing/desktop composting/etc will be handled with by the nVidia chip.
This to me is an optimal outcome as I really need access the processing
power of the nVidia chip, and power consumption/battery life isn't of
much concern to me.

Thanks for your feedback.