Re: 2012 laptops

same here...

HP dm4-1162sf ATI+intel and a lot of difficulties to use my hardware (for
ATI part ;) all others things works perfectly)

I succeed to use completly my hardware with relatively old distros (debian
stable or ubuntu 10.04) with a specific version of ATI drivers (11.8);
newer ones didn't support my hardware anymore (ask for driver
uninstallation at X startup).
On newer distros/kernel other hardware are better supported (sound and
intel graphic driver for example) but ATI fails in all case...

Hope ATI will support my hardware on 2012 (a laptop that have less than one
year old...) but it's not sure as they volontary break support during this
year (on september).

With nvidia that didn't do better than ATI, I do not know what is the
perfect solution to have a laptop to work and to play games.
If you have a perfect configuration I will greatly appreciate your solution
(and will sell this computer ASAP for this one ;) )

BR