Re: Lenovo G770

You can try to follow the bumblebee installation instructions as shown
on the website. Also, if you could provide your DSDT info following
the instructions at the bottom of the page, that would help see what's
the configuration of the G770. See below:

https://launchpad.net/~hybrid-graphics-linux

--------------
### Bumblebee
--------------

Bumblebee is designed to be as stable as possible project. That means
you will probably have less functionnality than in IronHide, but a
greater stability.

You can use your nVidia card for rendering graphics which will be
displayed using the Intel card but cannot disable the GPU. See 'Power
Management' below.

Please join the bumblebee channel on Freenode if you wish to help.

--------------
## Installing
--------------
First of all, if you were using an old version of Bumblebee (<2.3 non-Arch
distribution), please run this the first time before switching to a newer
version:
    $ wget https://raw.github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/master/cleanup
    $ chmod +x cleanup
    $ sudo ./cleanup

--------------
# Package install
--------------
Ubuntu:
1. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bumblebee/stable

1bis. If you are on Ubuntu prior to 11.10 and want newer drivers (recommended)
than the ones available in the official repos, run:

    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates

2. sudo apt-get update
3. sudo apt-get install bumblebee

Arch Linux:
AUR package: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49469
Instructions in the ArchWiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bumblebee

--------------
# Using the installation script:
--------------

First, you need to install VirtualGL > 2.2.1 (2.2.90 is advised) and
nvidia driver.

Tarballs can be found at
    https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/downloads
Download the tarball named like bumblebee-VERSION.tar.gz, extract and
install it:

1. Download
2. Extract:
    $ tar xf bumbleee-VERSION.tar.gz
3. Change your directory to the extracted folder:
    $ cd bumblebee-VERSION
4. Run the installer:
    $ sudo ./install

Installation instructions for getting the code from git:

    $ git clone git://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee.git

Users who want to test the development code should run:

    $ git clone git://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee.git -b
develop --depth 1

Then in order to install:

    $ cd Bumblebee
    $ sudo ./install

--------------
## Usage
--------------

After the initial bumblebee installation, you need to add yourself to the
'bumblebee' group:

    $ sudo usermod -a -G bumblebee YOURUSERNAME

Replace YOURUSERNAME accordingly and please double check the command, if you
forget the '-a' option, you remove yourself from other groups. After adding
yourself to the group, you need to re-login for the changes to apply.

To see which drivers nouveau/intel/nvidia are being used, run this
command:

    lspci -vmk | grep -A 8 -B 2 VGA

Applications can be started using bumblebee by prefixing it with optirun. For
example, starting Firefox can be done with:

    optirun firefox

For a WebGL benchmark, install google-chrome or use a
WebGL-enabled browser and can try it with/without optirun and
report the FPS values on the mailing list:

    optirun google-chrome
http://webglsamples.googlecode.com/hg/aquarium/aquarium.html
    # close window