New user here

Hello all,

Apologies if I'm ignorant.  I'm new (somewhat) to linux.  I'm currently
wanting to get hybrid graphics working fully on my machine and have been
trying out a few different distros.  I've had the most overall luck with
Mageia as far as functionality but this is not currently supported.  Do
any of you know how well bumblebee (or bumblebeed) function outside the
officially supported distros?  I did try an install on Mageia using a
post I found on their forum and it worked for the most part but I did
receive some permission errors.  Also, is there any (consolidated)
documentation on the use of bumblebee?  The only thing I can find are
scattered posts on various forums.  If there's an explanation of how
exactly everything is supposed to work I may be able to figure out how
to get everything working on my system (but I'm still somewhat of a
noob).  Thanks.
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by
Zhon (https://launchpad.net/~zhonb)