MBP 6, 2 with Debian Unstable and Kernel 3.10 EFI / Integrated Intel

  Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I've managed to boot into Debian Unstable in a Mac Book Pro 6,2 machine using the EFI mode so that Integrated Intel card is enabled and discrete Nvidia card is disabled. And that was done using Debian's Kernel 3.10.

Basically what I needed to do is to replace i915.lvds_channel into i915.lvds_channel_mod in the boot parametres.

  You can get more information at:

http://adrian15sgd.wordpress.com/2013/07/27/integrated-intel-card-in-mac-book-pro-62-in-linux-kernel-3-10/

Not having to patch the kernel to be able to use the Integrated Intel card (as I did in the old times patching 3.2 kernel with macintel ppa patches) by default is a great piece of news and I THANK all the ones that have contributed to vanilla kernel so that we can enjoy this setup.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/