AMD/Intel Radeon 6550M

Hello everybody,

It has been a while since I fiddled with hybrid graphics.
I have an AMD/Intel hybrid system with a Radeon 6550M and it seems that
this card is not even supported by the official drivers (the last time I
installed fglrx I got an error message saying to remove the driver). Right
now I just turn off the discrete card using vgaswitcheroo.

I remember that, at some point, there was an AMD driver that "almost"
worked: it installed and with some hacking also allowed switching.

Does anyone know what is the current status for this card? Is it even
possible to install proprietary drivers? Is it possible to switch between
cards?

Thank you!
Steven