igotu2gpx team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #84345]: 0.2.92-1~hardy1 from PPA repository does not work

Question #84345 on igotu2gpx changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/igotu2gpx/+question/84345

Michael Hofmann requested for more information:
Ok, so the problem seems to be caused by a problem with the marble
installation (which is used to display openstreetmap). Could you post
the output of "dpkg -l '*marble*'"?

Most of the connection errors are just this: connection errors. The
program expects a certain response format when it sends commands, and
complains if sth. unexpected (no/wrong response) happens. This is mostly
caused by the USB connection stuff, which is more or less stable
depending on the hardware, USB hubs inbetween etc.

As far as I know is @tripPC not doing anything different, although their
USB support seems a bit more stable.

If you feel brave and while trying again you have the same problem, try
to see whether just plugging/unplugging the tracker would bring it back
to life (it always works for me, but I also only have one GT120 and one
laptop+PC, so that's not very representative).

I amended https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/igotu2gpx/+faq/714 with the
stuff about plugging/unplugging the tracker.

All trackers respond to the same wire protocol, so the GT200e shouldn't
be any different from the other trackers.

MobileAction i-gotU USB GPS travel logger Mac/Linux developers, which is
an answer contact for igotu2gpx.