igotu2gpx team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #84816]: GT-200e ?

Question #84816 on igotu2gpx changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/igotu2gpx/+question/84816

bikeham is still having a problem:
I plug it in, the red and blue lights are both on.  I press the button
on the i-gotu and blue light flashes.

I run igotu2gpx and this is returned:

Serial number: 254239
Firmware version: 3.09
Model: GT-200e
Number of points: 66
Schedule date: 17 August 2009
Schedule date offset: 0 day(s)
Schedule table: disabled
Log interval: 5 s
Interval change: disabled
LEDs: enabled
Button: enabled
Security version: 0
Password: disabled, []

Unable to download trackpoints from GPS tracker: Device responded with
error code: -1

I am plugging it in directly into my iMac running Snow Leopard.

Steve

On 05/10/2009, at 7:45 PM, Michael Hofmann wrote:

> Your question #84816 on igotu2gpx changed:
> https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/igotu2gpx/+question/84816

> Michael Hofmann proposed the following answer:
> Normally, the use of IGOTU2GPX_WORKAROUND shouldn't be necessary (it
> is
> only if you get hangs, not connection errors). But it should be
> installed, in /Applications/igotu2gpx.app/Contents/MacOS or sth.
> similar.
>
> These errors are caused by problems with the USB connection, and are
> quite hardware-specific (mostly caused by USB hubs), so stuff like
> - connect the GPS tracker directly to a USB port of your PC, do not
> use a USB hub
> - make sure that the blue LED of the GPS tracker is blinking
> continuously before you plug it in
> - unplug the tracker, wait 2 seconds and plug it in again (this is
> often necessary after there were communication errors with the GPS
> tracker)
> are the best I can come up with.
>
> --
> If this answers your question, please go to the following page to
> let us
> know that it is solved:
> https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/igotu2gpx/+question/84816/+confirm?answer_id=2
>
> If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
> following page to enter your feedback:
> https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/igotu2gpx/+question/84816
>
> You received this question notification because you are a direct
> subscriber of the question.

MobileAction i-gotU USB GPS travel logger Mac/Linux developers, which is
an answer contact for igotu2gpx.