igotu2gpx team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #99373]: 0.30 on Vista with GT-120: "Unable to open device COM16"

Question #99373 on igotu2gpx changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/igotu2gpx/+question/99373

Alessandro Valli confirmed that the question is solved:
Ok, solved. I don't know how but...

1) Set the port of device to COM2 (no way with COM16 and COM1 on my box, COM3-COM15 not available)
2) Set 'Run as Administrator' on igotu2gpx.exe and igotugui.exe (needed even if my account is admin)
3) Create batches like this:
command /c
del dump.txt
igotu2gpx dump -d serial:2 >dump.txt
pause

("command /c" is necessary)

At first A-trip and the other 2 softwares by Mobile Action didn't find
the device anymore, but after some clicking on A-trip they learned the
new port and now everything is fine...

Hope this helps someone else.

MobileAction i-gotU USB GPS travel logger Mac/Linux developers, which is
an answer contact for igotu2gpx.